Tuesday, November 07, 2006

This blog has moved

The blog formerly known as "One foot in ... " has moved to "Widening Circles."

I'm past wanting to be defined by my denominational deliverations and I'd like to have more control over the blog itself, so I decided it was time to move on. I've packed up everything that was here and taken it with me, though; it's all part of the same story.

The title comes from a poem by Rainer Maria Rilke. It resonates with me in part because I think I have spent my life circling around God in one way or another, but also because the phrase "widening circles" brings to mind an image of ripples spreading across the surface of a pond. I believe our prayers and actions and attitudes do cause ripples that spread across the world, and I try to be mindful of that.

I haven't decided on a blog name for myself, though, since I'm still not brave enough to go with my real name. Widening doesn't have much appeal for obvious reasons, and w.c. doesn't seem quite right, either. I'm leaning toward Hope, but we'll see ...

Meanwhile, update your links and come on over!

(Click here to be redirected.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home