Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Tempus fugit

I thought four days in the company of the generations immediately above and below me in the family tree would leave me with plenty of blog material, but not so. It only left me exhausted. Here is the bottom line: I'm really glad that I'm not old, and I'm really glad that I'm not young.

I did have a laugh at myself on Saturday. In the afternoon, I found myself in a room permeated by the distinctive, lingering scent of a certain smokable weed while everyone sat around complaining that they should have been doing work but they were goofing off instead. Ah, yes, I thought, this feels very familiar; I could almost believe I'd gone back in time. Then, at 10:30 p.m., they all went to a party and I went to bed. I can only imagine what their hormones were urging them toward; my were telling me to keep the sleeping bag unzipped so I could periodically slip out of it to vent the heat I was feeling. (The room was pretty warm, but ...)

Oh, yeah, make no mistake: It definitely is 30 years later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home