Thursday, September 28, 2006

Lost, found, still wandering ...

Often these days I feel God is inviting me to let go of--or at least reexamine--everything I was once pretty sure I believed. This is not an invitation I'm particularly happy about, since I thought I was doing just fine where I was. But here I am. My church odyssey has been part of this process; so now is the class I am auditing at the university, called Christian ethics and modern society. We are reading so much stuff representing so many different points of view within the Christian spectrum that my head is spinning.

Yesterday I was thinking so hard about all of this on my way home that I got lost. Seriously. I was riding my motorscooter along my backroads route when suddenly I looked around and realized I had no idea where I was. My lostness didn't last long because I know this area pretty well and eventually I found a road I recognized, but meanwhile I'd gone way out of my way and ended up having to travel some roads I would have preferred not to be on.

What is the message here?

1 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I hear you One Foot. I've been in this re-examination of everything I ever beleived thing for nearly 4 years....with the last 9 months being the most intensive. My head does spin at times, to be sure. Recently I have become very excited about all of the possibilities. All in the name of being a 'good Christian' I have put such limits on God in the past. A whole new spiritual world is opening to me. I will never have all the answers and thats a good thing. There will always be more to The Great Mystery than we can ever figure out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home