Friday, September 08, 2006

Five things I have enjoyed

The revgalblogpals Friday Five: Name five things you have enjoyed this week.

A great topic. It was good to be reminded to stop and give thanks. There were a lot of good things that happened to me in the past week that I didn’t think twice about until I sat down to make this list.

1) Dinner/discussion with a group of freshmen who arrived a week early to work on a community service project before the official freshmen orientation begins. The topic: a book called Mountains Beyond Mountains by Tracy Kidder, the story of a heroic doctor whose dedication to what he calls the “O for the P” (option for the poor; more specifically, preferential option for the poor) drives his life. These kids are smart, demanding, idealistic, and yeah, they have a lot to learn, but that's part of the fun. I enjoyed the discussion, and the spaghetti wasn't too bad, either. (Any mean I don't have to cook and clean up has got to be good.)

2) A really excellent mushroom soup purchased for lunch yesterday in the university food court, a place not normally known for its culinary achievements.

3) Watching the movie The Sixth Sense over again, this time knowing how it ended. I’ve been meaning to do that ever since I watched it for the first time a couple of years ago, but never got around to it until now. Enough time had passed that I’d forgotten many of the details and enjoyed the story as it unfolded, but this time I was on top of all the clues I totally missed the first time around.

4) Having everyone at work back in the office again. Not that I’m glad their vacations are over, but it was just too quiet through most of August while the others were away. I am blessed to work with people I really like, and it’s good to have them around again.

5) Cool, delightful mornings, the kind of weather that makes you really glad to be up and out. I won’t miss the heat and humidity of summer one little bit.

1 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger Songbird said...

I love the change to fall, too.
Thanks for playing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home